Saturday, March 24, 2007

First of many?

metal 2

*Gasp* It's a picture...that I took. We went to the Rose Garden to take some pictures....forgot roses aren't in bloom yet heh. Ended up just messing around. It was fun, got to take some pictures with the new camera. It performed alright. Was off on a few things but has some cool functions that, sort of make up for what it lacks....sort of.

orange trumpets

This is one of the functions. It's called "Color Accent" you select a color you want to keep and the rest turns balck and white. Well almost the rest, I picked the Orange trumpet to stay in but somehow the camera kept some of the yellow on the petals in as well. I don't mind though...thought it looked cool

weeds

This one is "Color Swap" I selected the dark green to be replaced by red...viola, pretty weeds. Maybe Mother Nature could go with red crab grass this year...I think it might be a nice change of pace. Then again, I'm just weird.

All in all it was a fun day of shooting. Took about 80 or so pictures, liked 4 or 5... but the new camera is nice to have while my arm heals. It still annoys me in the way all PAS cameras do, but it's a decent little one.

I still love my Nikon more though :)

4 comments:

Lizzy said...

welcome back!! the new camera looks like fun and easy to transport/use. loved checking out your new flickr stuff.. you know that you can add a flickr link on your blog sidebar?

Unknown said...

those are the coolest special features I've ever seen! Usually you only see things like that on the software on the computer, but on the actual camera? Coolies!

Ellen said...

Love this new feature.the color is so naturale. Cannon takes a nice picture for a point and shoot.

Angie said...

Yeah they do pretty good.