Thursday, September 07, 2006

Starting from the begining

Well it's been 2 months since I seperated my shoulder and I was expecting to be doing much better. So yesterday I went and saw my friend's mother whose a physical therapist. Well this lady was much better then the therapist I previously saw. Firstly she had seperated her shoulder before so she had first hand experiance. Her seperation was not as bad as mine and her's took her over 2 years to recover from. That news wasn't not happy for me. So we went over everything I had been doing, stretches and such that Jon (old therapist) had given me. To my complete annoyance she told me that one of the excersises I was doing was keeping my tendons from healing. Everytime I lifted my arm above my shoulder I was reripping everything. If I hadn't been doing those moves, I would have had scar tissue form and be healed and ready to strenghten everything. So for the next 2 months I have to restart form the begining...no lifting, no overhead reaching...I'm so not happy. I can't believe I wasted 2 months of stretching and strenghtening just to be told it was all hurting me. This just reaffirms my belief that doctors/therapists do more harm then good if they haven't had first hand experiance in something. So I'm off to go do wall pushups and plan on being better by next summer....or maybe the summer after that.

No comments: