Sunday, September 10, 2006

Oh no! Not there....

Well as life begins to find a comfortable groove a wrench is thrown in. Chris recently sent out some resumes after Intel announced layoffs. He wasn't worried about loosing his job, but figured it was good to be covered in case. Well he isn't getting laid off but a new job may be offered. A job that is not located here. In fact it's loacted in the one place I have never wanted to visit, let alone live. That's right...it's in Utah. Lehi Utah. Oh but it gets better...training is 6 months long not here, or in Utah. Training is in Virginia. Molasses or something like that. So we'd move to Virignia, stay for a bit, then pack up and move to *gulp* Utah. Chris is very optomistic about it being a new experiance and a good way to buy a house. Utah houses are dirt cheap and huge. I'm not too thrilled. I like rain, mountains, the beach....I like here. Granted I can't buy a house a here, I can't even rent one. There's just something about Utah...more so mormons in Utah...that just makes me cringe and scream "POD PEOPLE!" I should have seen it coming though...I branch out and talk to people at church and try to make some friends...and now I may be moving.

At least this time I'd get paid to move....

7 comments:

Ellen on the go said...

Okay I know I forgot to call this weekend, this is a shocker. Have you committed to go? I guess Dad & I really can start looking elsewhere if no one is going to be here. The only thing wrong with Utah is the brown dry mountains. No green in the summertime. And there are lots of Non-Mormons in Utah. It might be a good move for you.

Angie said...

No commitment yet...well not completely. Chris has pretty much decided he wants to go if the pay will be the same.

ABQ Mom said...

(this is Dana)

There is an intel plant here in Albuquerque area, when they announced the layoffs on the news I immediately thought about whether that will effect you and Chris or not. It might be a good idea to get out while the gettings good just in case.

The move might be good for you, who knows, I grew up in the drier part of Washington but I still miss the green, the river, the beach everything. Moving to Utah might be culture shock at first but I'm sure you will grow to like it there. Just like any place there are +/-.

Anonymous said...

Your not moving away, just because I'm moving back are you?!? :) Well I hope all goes well for you whatever you decide. Utah is not all that bad (I lived there for 4 years). The autumn colors are amazing,especially in the canyons. By the way, Mathis has a bogspot--http://glindathegood.blogspot.com/

ABQ Mom said...

I hope it's okay but I've added you to my bloglist.

Angie said...

Yeah it's fine Dana :)

Lizzy said...

Manasses, VA (not as tasty as Molasses)! We went on vacation there 3 years ago. It's small and spacious and so is Lehi, at least the last time I was there. It's always fun to move and redefine who you are, set up your house a new way and get new stuff! It will be exciting to hear how it all works out.