Saturday, June 23, 2007

4

Caged

I sit alone
In my solemn cage

Staring at
the lines of age

Lines of woe
lines of regret

The lines I've made
since we first met

There's one for my past
and the future I see

There's one for you
and one for me

A falling tear
a mounting pain

Knowing tomorrow
will be the same

I'll sit alone
in my cage and cry

The tears will fall
I won't know why

I'm sometimes dark
sometimes light

I'm always wrong
and never right

Somewhere between
my pleasure and pain

I'll find a moment
and whisper your name

I'll give my heart
that moment in time

Where I am yours
and you are mine

...I’m losing my heart...I’m losing my pride...I’d burn our initials in the sun if it would shine. I need a fresh start, I was in heaven until this world fell apart...I’m out on the run...I’m out in this empty space, since all of this begun. Well I tried, I tried...I hold on, I hold on...I can't let go. And you don't know how I feel... Hold on, I hold on...I’d sell my soul. And you don't know how I feel...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have no key
To fit the lock
Yet I will search endlessly.

I have no strength
To tear the bars away
Yet I will rage tirelessly against them.

I am made of fear
Of who I am, what I might become
Yet you lift me above myself.

I would give up my future
To see you happy for all time
Yet you desire this not.

I believe the worst about myself
lies that others told
Yet you are right.

You are my Key
I am yours

You are my Strength
I give you mine.

You are my Joy
I am yours for all time.

You are my Future
I will stand at your side

You are my Truth
And be forever exalted in your presence