Saturday, November 11, 2006

The look of food

asian

I love to cook. I don't generally do it though. It drives me mad to try and cook in my kitchen. Now my kitchen is adequet for making food...but just not for the way I make it. I prefer to make spreads, not just here's chicken and away we go. Which means lots of dishes...and me being scattered brained trying to be chopping, stiring, mixing and washing at the same time. And I must be on guard for the 2 food theives in my house, they sneak in and pick at everything! I like to plate things (watch food network if you don't know what that means) I like it to look nice, everything be in very cool yet simple serving dishes. Garnished slightly, and never with something you won't be eating. I want to have the deserts, drinks and side dishes that go with the meal. That's just the way I've always thought about food. Which is so odd, because I don't like to eat food like that. I prefer bagels and simple sandwiches to gourmet meals. But the look of food makes me want to do it, lemongrass simmering next to red chilies, apple cider and bacon coating the chicken, farm fresh tomatoes seared on the grill.....I know it looks good and I wish I could make it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love the new blog look and the cool photo. i'm going to pass thei along to some photos friends of mine. can i post some of your photos on my blog?

Angie said...

Thanks. Yeah I guess you can...just let me know which ones first please :)

christy said...

excellent pic's. pria is a super cutie!

Angie said...

Oh my gosh...you actually posted to me ;) Thanks :)